Heathen Hangout

In association with:    The Heathen Hub
(a community for discussion, open to all, whether theist or atheist or whatever)

and also a link to the unconnected
  Freethought and Rationalism Discussion Board (FRDB)
and also the unconnected
  Think Humanism board

Go Back   Heathen Hangout > The public side of the Heathen Hangout (Public subforums) > Just hanging around
Here you can choose in which
style you wish to view the HH:

All about the HH     Arcade Recreations Room The  HH   FAQ
Zoints Search Tags Other Site Content - Blogs, Wiki etc. Mark Forums Read

Just hanging around For talking about whatever takes your fancy

Tags: ,

Old 18-Oct-2013, 02:16 PM (14:16)   #1
Terry
Wistfully hopeful

Tongue A strange dream

Last night I had a nightmare from the sort I can imagine that superstitious people in former days could have thought of "a visit from Satan himself"...
Can you imagine the "pure evil", some kind of entity which makes somebody's hair stand on end? And you discover that this pure evil is inside your house and you can't get rid of it - it just crawls towards you....
I very seldom have nightmares, but this was one that made me scream and my husband awoke me.
As said.... in the darker ages, when people were more superstitious, this must have make them the sign of the cross and start a prayer.
But I'm not superstitious and just know that there is some problem I have to deal with, and this dream was probably just reference to it.

If you're superstitious anyway, you CAN HAVE a visit from supernatural entities, you will believe that at least.

Art of the week

Old 18-Oct-2013, 04:39 PM (16:39)   #2
AspenMama
The Decolletage Of Doom

Location: Snuggled in by the fireplace with a glass of wine and fuzzy slippers.

Terry- did this evil dude look anything like your boss?
AspenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Oct-2013, 05:27 PM (17:27)   #3
Dawn
Bitch-slapping loner.
Don't cross her!

LOL...I bet it was her boss. Sorry you had such a scary nightmare, Terry. I hate that feeling of waking up upset after a bad dream.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Oct-2013, 05:39 PM (17:39)   #4
JustMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Can you imagine the "pure evil", some kind of entity which makes somebody's hair stand on end? And you discover that this pure evil is inside your house and you can't get rid of it
Yeah but eventually my mother-in-law did go home.

I wouldn't worry about this. You might have been effected by some exterior force that came from the natural world. I personally can't get cold when I'm sleeping. If I do, I can have some very vivid nightmares of my own.

I don't think anything can make anything visit you in your nightmares except a letter from the IRS. I think it is more due to things that you've experienced somewhere in your life. I've had several about the segment in the Twilight zone movie called, "The Raft"
JustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Oct-2013, 12:06 PM (12:06)   #5
Terry
Wistfully hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
LOL...I bet it was her boss. Sorry you had such a scary nightmare, Terry. I hate that feeling of waking up upset after a bad dream.
No,
But it had something to do with work. The pure evil first had the appearance of bread (there's a lot of bread going over my counter) "walking" towards me, and then it was clear thick fluid, bubbling out of the thermos-bottle I take with me to work. I tried to close it tightly, but the lid sprang off and the fluid ran over my hand, I panicked - that was the moment I screamed. Yes, I know, the words seem hilarious, but as it is always in dreams, abstract concepts appear in the strangest things. That's why I first only wrote "entity" and "pure evil". The issue is, that it was inside my house, representing my comfy zone, my inner self...

Last edited by Terry : 19-Oct-2013 at 12:47 PM (12:47).
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Oct-2013, 02:58 PM (14:58)   #6
Shadowfox
Lurking... lurking... lurking...

Could be some worry in your life is invading your inner peace.

I get those odd dreams every now and then but I look on them as warnings from my inner self that I'm bugged about something and letting some outside influence upset me.
Shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Feb-2017, 07:15 PM (19:15)   #7
Terry
Wistfully hopeful

sleep paralysis.... that's the answer most probably. Because I don't know if I was asleep or half awake. And it occured another time - other images, very different from bread or a bottle, but still pure evil. The other time I thought I'm awake and was grabbed by my ankles, lifted upwards - upside down, so I had the impression I hang from the ceiling over my bed. Then I was moved very fast, it was a 'real sensation' of being moved, seeing my bed as an endless assembly line becoming faster and faster. I thought the next morning: chicken, hanging upside down in the factory on their way to the killing machine, must feel that way. Anyway in my "dream" or paraysis I couldn't move by myself but was passively moved - by what ever had grabbed me by my feet - towards the 'pure evil'

Last edited by Terry : 07-Feb-2017 at 07:21 PM (19:21).
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Feb-2017, 02:48 AM (02:48)   #8
Seeker630
Barbequeing the Hangout.

Dreams can really mess you up. I have had them that I thought were real and woke me up in the middle of a dead sleep.
Seeker630 is offline   Reply With Quote